Are you a fan of sweet treats and peanut butter? If so, this homemade peanut butter candy recipe is perfect for you! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create delicious and addictive peanut butter candies that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether you want to make them for yourself or share them with friends and family, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate candy coating
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, softened unsalted butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Once the mixture is well combined, shape it into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place the peanut butter balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the baking sheet with the peanut butter balls in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm them up.
- While the peanut butter balls are chilling, melt the chocolate candy coating according to the instructions on the package. You can use a microwave or a double boiler for this step.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Using a fork or a toothpick, dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate, making sure to coat it completely.
- Place the chocolate-coated peanut butter balls back on the baking sheet and let them set. You can speed up the process by placing them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, your homemade peanut butter candies are ready to be enjoyed! Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
While this recipe is delicious as is, you can also experiment with different variations to customize your peanut butter candies:
- Add chopped nuts such as almonds, pecans, or cashews to the peanut butter mixture for added crunch.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the hardened chocolate coating for an elegant touch.
- Sprinkle sea salt or colored sprinkles on top of the chocolate coating to enhance the visual appeal.
- Use dark chocolate or milk chocolate candy coating instead of the regular chocolate candy coating for a different flavor profile.
With this simple and easy-to-follow recipe, you can create delectable homemade peanut butter candies that will satisfy your cravings. Whether you enjoy them as a personal treat or share them with loved ones, these candies are sure to be a hit. Get creative with variations and decorations to make them even more special. So, grab your ingredients and get ready to indulge in the irresistible combination of peanut butter and chocolate!